<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Near Traumatic Experience!



I logged into my Hotmail account to find a very disturbing e-mail from TiVo today. "Problem With Your TiVo Account". The e-mail: we were unable to bill your account this month, please contact us or your service will be interrupted. NO BUENO!!! What would I do without TiVo?? How would I watch West Wing tomorrow, who would tape friends for me, would I miss Scrubs this week?? All of this racing through my head as I quickly called the TiVo hotline! At first I thought this was going to be a great TiVo experience when they picked up the line. I got the usual recording and menu - HOWEVER between menu selection was the TiVo "bla blop". Music to my ears - thank you for that TiVo! Tragically though, this experience was about to go downhill. I knew what the issue was - I had canceled my credit card that they had on file and just needed to give them a new one. I finally got to the option to speak to a live agent and the estimated wait-time quote was as: "an extremely long period of time". Not so much music to the ears. I will say they were honest though - it was an extremely long period of time before someone answered me. She was very helpful though and was quickly back up and running (You can breathe now, Craig - TiVo has been restored and all is right in the world once again). FYI, as of now the TiVo "bla blop" is not available in ringer tones.

Cheers - Tom

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?