<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 31, 2004

2005??? 



I was at Barnes & Noble today and saw that they now have 2005 calendars out. I had to do a double take on that one before I realized that yes indeed it was a 2005 calendar. I still don't have a 2004 calendar and I was excited at first because I thought they were '04 ones, but then somewhat depressed when I realized that it was '05. 2005??? There is soo much wrong with that year for me. I just don't like the thought of it being close enough to already be able to buy a calendar for it! Craig, could you pull some strings for me to have these removed? Aside from the fact that I'm not looking forward to 2005, I'm also wondering what happened to the first half of this year. 2005 brings two things for me that I'd be just fine without at the moment, one is turning 28 and the other is my 10 year reunion. Is this really possible??? Has it really already been 9 years since I finished high school?? For that matter how did I end up already being 5 years out of college??? 28 to me seems to be the official countdown to 30 (my apologies now to all my friends/sister that are already there (or about to be), but hey - you've dealt with it already, my turn now).

This year has truly flown by though. I really don't know where the months have gone and I'm not really sure what I did with them. There was a time when I thought 27 was old and seemed so far away that I couldn't imagine it at the time (I think I probably had that view when I was graduating college). Now all the sudden I'm staring down 30. I realize this is still a couple years away (actually 2.5), but the last two years have been a blur, so I'm pretty sure that I'm going to wake up one day and realize that I'm 30 and wonder what the heck happened to the last two years. I have now almost been in Waco for 3 years, and it really doesn't seem like it. How is that possible? It doesn't feel like I've been here for that long, yet here it is. What I don't want to do in the next 3 years.... get so caught up in work that I miss out on life along the way. I've been guilty before, and hope not to fall into the same mistake again. I want more to show for my life then just where my career has progressed.

2005?????? Surely not.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?