<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 03, 2004

Not Feeling The Blog... 

Not Feeling The Blog...

Okay - so my blog has been a bit dry lately, or just non-existent. Whichever you want to go with. I just haven't felt like I've had much to blog about, or can't think of what I want to blog on. Suggestions? What's the cure for my month-long bloggers block?

I guess I can at least give you an update on my weekend and other past activities. Friday night we had a surprise party for Beth's birthday - definitely good times. We had it on the roof of her apartment building. I always wanted to have a roof-deck party and I can now check off that box on my life things to do list. Drew and I were comparing it to the roof party on Friends, except for without all the soap-opera stars and with the addition of a large (massive) AC generator thing that was just a touch on the loud side of things. Sat was a nice lazy day. I actually slept in a bit - which is something that I haven't really been able to do anymore. For some reason I always wake up by 7-8 regardless of how late I want to sleep in. I think I got up somewhere around 10:30-11:00. I had every intention of heading out for a nice long run first thing, but it didn't quite happen. I poked my head outside to see what the temp was like for the run and saw that it was raining a bit, felt about 40, and the wind almost knocked me over (maybe not quite that bad, but it was windy). So - to my couch I went. I spent the afternoon doing laundry and cleaning my room (desperately needed to be done) and watched some TV. Went to a wedding on Sat night - never seen so many groomsmen and bridesmaids in one wedding! Headed out to the Grape afterwards with Beth, Jaclyn, and Michelle. Cool wine bar out towards the lake on Valley Mills. The back room reminded me of an old basement of friends houses in MO. They had the old school wood paneling up. All I needed was an old school TV (the ones with knobs) and a original Nintendo and I would have been back in elementary school (minus the bottle of wine)!

Sunday was absolutely beautiful out! Went to lunch at Panda Express after church with a bunch of peeps. They have the best orange chicken - love the stuff! Headed out to the new HEB in Woodway after that (exciting times in Waco when the new HEB opens). Quite impressive... My shopping experience was also combined with a Mariachi (SP?) band that they had brought in. Good times! Headed out to Lowes after that. I love my backyard, but it is impossible to sit outside in the spring and summer because of all of the mosquitoes that swarm the yard. I've decided to take action this year to reclaim the backyard. I bought a few torches and candles to put around the yard and porch. Seems to be working so far. Jeremy, Emily, Craig, and Tim and I sat outside Sunday night for dinner. It was nice evening and good to be sitting outside. Good food (grilled salmon - one of my favorites), good conversation, and good company (see above). I definitely need to have more dinners of grilling and sitting on the porch. Makes for a nice relaxing evening. After dinner was the viewing of the next to last episode of this season of Alias. What up with the final episode not being for another 3 weeks???? Seriously.

Books - Tried to get into reading The Art of War, but no luck with that. Picked up Blue Like Jazz last week at Craig's suggestion, but haven't started it yet. Looks good though.

Music- Don't ever get tired of Jack Johnson. Doesn't seem to matter how many times I listen to either album, just never get tired of it!

Running - another race in two weeks. May 15th at Indian Springs Park.

Baseball - Cards took 2 of 3 from the Cubs and the Bears took 2 of 3 from K-State. Pretty good weekend overall for my teams. Needed sweeps, but I'll take 2 of 3.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?