<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 10, 2004

Tomatoes Are Evil 



Those who know me well (and those who only somewhat know me) know that I despise tomatoes!! Can't stand them - HORRIBLE, DISGUSTING, REVOLTING, GAG REFLEX!!! Basically any form of raw tomato = Tom becoming ill. I really can't tolerate any form of raw tomato to come near my mouth. Today I ordered a sandwich from McAlisters for lunch, the orange cranberry club. I highly recommend it. I was very clear on my no tomato request however when I received it I could tell someone had screwed it up! Now, luckily the tomatoes were not there, however I could tell that they had been present at one time. That slimy juice with seeds was smeared across some of the lettuce, thus tainting the enjoyment of my sandwich. Tragic. Tomatoes are a fruit... I'm a fruit fan and I would like to move to have tomatoes removed from the fruit family. I view tomatoes as the ugly, red-headed step-child of the fruit family. Nobody wants to claim them, and let's be honest - no one should! My worst tomato experience: at a wedding reception, fruit tray, sitting next to some melon balls, the evil and deceptive cherry-tomato. I popped one in my mouth and bit in, expecting watermelon. OH BUT NO!!! Just wrong, so very very wrong.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?