<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

3rd Time Is A Charm...... Right????? 



I've done it again!! I'm not sure what I was thinking at the time, but yesterday morning I signed up for my 3rd attempt at the marathon. I think something may be wrong with me - not positive though. My first two attempts were not pretty and both involved me getting ill several times on the side of the road, and both also ended with me in the medic tent/hospital with an IV in my arm. After having such experiences most sane individuals would probably say to themselves, "maybe my body just isn't quite cut out for the marathon". Not so much for me. In some sick & sadistic way I feel the need to slay the inner demons that the number 26.2 has provided for me. I'm hoping that once I finally complete one (and it WILL be this time) that I'll be able to put the long-distance running to the side and just focus on 5K & 10K races, but I also know myself better then that. The distance is a bit addictive. I come to realize that no one will ever understand the joy of 18 mile run until they experience it themselves. I could try to persuade you otherwise, but you'll just think I've lost my mind. So, the date is Oct 10th - Chicago! At 40K runners, its largest marathon in the world - should make for a good time! Thoughts on cross training - kinda wanting to start doing yoga, but not sure where to start on this.

Albums I'm enjoying right now:

Ben Harper - Diamonds On The Inside. I've had this one for awhile, but listening to it more lately. He's got a song towards the end called Picture Of Jesus that is incredible.

Gavin DeGraw - Chariot - good stuff

Donavon Frankenrieter

Thicker Than Water Soundtrack - JJ, G Love, The Meters, and many more - can't go wrong there! Saw JJ & G Love do Rainbow on some show and have been loving it ever since. Really like Finley Quaye's song on the album - may need to check him out.

Wilco - A Ghost Is Born - new album is out!

Cheers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?