<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Cleaning Out My Closet 

Well - nothing massively symbolic here, but I spent most of my Saturday cleaning out my closet as well as the rest of my room. It had become a bit of a cluttered mess and I had way too many clothes that I just don't wear anymore. There is no a large pile outside my room that I need to find somewhere to take to donate. One thing I did find was some old journals that have not been looked at, or contributed to, in a long time. I've never been one that has been too disciplined in my journaling efforts. Usually I start journaling on some trip and say I will continue when I get back, but that typically doesn't last past the flight back. Oh well, at least I have documented some of my trips anyway. One thing that I noticed while reading through them is that I tend to fall into the same traps - I think we all tend to do that.

Runs - Thursday, Friday, & Sat were fantastic! I hit the Bear Trail each day and only planned on doing 2 laps per run. Thursday night I completed 2 and felt great after the run. Friday I set out to run 2 laps, but after finishing the second my legs felt fresh and decided to continue on for another lap. This was the first 7 miler that I have done in a long time. It felt great to begin to get back into some distance runs. On Saturday I was heading to campus and while driving there it began to pour! It let up a bit by the time I parked, and I LOVE running in the rain - so off I went. I hit my 2 laps and it had stopped raining somewhere in the second. Saw Matt running while I was cooling down and visited with him for a bit. While talking the rain picked up again and I talked myself into another lap. Nothing better 75 degrees and a steady rain for a nice run!

Went out the Lake's ranch on Sunday after church. It was great time and much more relaxing the what I would have probably ended up doing - which would have most likely be vegging on the couch flipping through different baseball games. The downside... I forgot to put any sunscreen on. No bueno. I'm a bit on the red side now.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?