<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 06, 2004

BONKED! 

Last week was not exactly one of the best weeks of the year for me. I got completely bogged down at work and between Monday and Sunday I didn't manage to get a single run in for the week. Lots of stuff happening at work (including two major presentations at the end of the week) caused me ample amounts of undo stress for the week. I ended up working late a few nights, eating poorly the whole week, and running not once. I should have made time for my runs, just for the stress factor and of course the fact that I was supposed to run 20 miles on my weekend long run. However, that didn't happen and I paid the price on Sunday. I completely bonked on my long-run. I'm not sure what I was expecting when I lived on fast food for the week and didn't run for 5 days straight, but I only managed just under 10 miles on what should have been 20. No bueno.

I'm currently enjoying a day off and a much need 3 day weekend. I slept a lot over the weekend, much more then I normally do. I tend to do that when I'm a bit more on the stressed side of things. Not sure why, but always been the case. I got up about 9 this morning and headed over to Common Grounds not long after that. I've been sitting here since then and just enjoying a latte and a book. Started in on East Of Eden about a week ago, but really started to get into it this weekend. Definitely a good read so far, but a bit on the long side.

I've been thinking about opportunity cost a lot lately. I somewhat feel as though I'm coming to a crossroads with the need to make a few decisions in the near future (next few months). Work has much to do with it, but other possible changes as well. Nothing that I can really go into on the blog, but lots of choices and many different directions. I've got an itch right now that always seems to come up for me. I'm wondering if that will ever be satisfied? Will there come a time when I can be content in what I am doing for longer then a couple years? There are a few things that I would like to do, however the opportunity cost of the golden handcuffs make it difficult to do so. I have to wait right now to see the outcome of decisions on things that are out of my control, or input. So, there's nothing that I can really decide on right at the moment, but I still torture myself over the options. Its hard to balance what logic and common sense tell you against what a deep yearning calls you toward.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?