<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 26, 2004

Eternal Sunshine... 

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I was fortunate enough to get to dine at Mike & Kristen's yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed a great meal! We sat around watching Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind after diner, which was a great movie. I wasn't really digging it for the first half, but then really started to enjoy it as I started to realize where he was going with it.



Definitely an interesting concept to erase someone, or something from your mind. I know that are certainly experiences in my life that I would just assume forget about, but then at the same time they shape who you are. This movie also made me think of Run Lola Run which depicts how everything that happens in your life brings you to where you are. Even the smallest details can play a major role in the outcome.

You should definitely check them both out if you haven't seen either. I feel like I need to watch the first half of Eternal Sunshine again though. Didn't quite get into it at first.

I'll leave you with the piece from Alexander Pope's "Eloisa to Abelard" in which the title was taken:

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd


Cheers

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?